Tough swim tonight – out to the dolphin, around the boats in the harbour and then an arduous (and choppy) swim against the current to the finish.
It’s official – with his ten-second win tonight, Oxford Bayley hit the top of the points table to snatch the overall series win from Hayden Squance.
The women’s series was never in doubt, with Abbey Smale the undisputed queen of sea swimming, not just here in Nelson, but nationally as well.
For problems or questions with the points table, email firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s the final column, showing the best results of each person’s 11 swims, which decides the season position.
A few last minute or tight positions on the points table:
- Lisa Gant narrowly took second place in the women’s non-wetsuit division from Grace Haack.
- Peter Burrell finished one point ahead of Fenn Anderson for second in M20-29.
- In F20-29, Grace Haack was one point of Harriete Dunphy to take second place.
- In F40-49, Ruth Thomas snatched a last minute win by two points from Wendy Healey.
- Angus Perham sneaked up to take second place in M60-69 ahead of Malcolm Anderson.
There were no photos tonight, sorry.