This event will be held over a course based on a transition area opposite Greenslade Park, Rabbit Island
7:00 am Registration and rack bikes
7.45 am: Race briefing
8.00 am: Start
Following the race, a barbecue will be held, free to competitors. There will also be a small prizegiving (spot prizes only)
1. Long Multisport triathlon: Kayak 6km, mountain bike 17km, run 4 km
2. Short multisport triathlon: Kayak or Paddleboard 3km, mountain bike 8.5km, run 2 km
3. Long Mountain bike duathlon: Run 4 km, mountain bike 17km, run 4 km
4. Short mountain bike duathlon: Run 2 km, mountain bike 8.5km, run 2 km
Standard entry is $20 per registration. Team entry is also $20 – there will be no age groups for teams – just a team category.
Pay online Adult or Team ($20) -select this option to pay online either single adult entry or team entry.
Pay online 20% Club Discount ($16) -select this option to pay online and receive the club discount, must be a Nelson Tri Club member.
Pay online 50% School Student Discount ($10) -select this option to pay online and receive School Student (U18) discount.
Pay at event (bring cash on day of race) -select this option to pay cash on the day of the race. No discounts for this option.
Note to encourage pre-race entries, race day entries will attract a 50% extra penalty and no club discounts apply. If you’re uncertain over whether to compete and wish to avoid the late entry penalty, please enter online, selecting ‘Pay at Event’ under Payment option. Should you not compete, no charge will be made.
Race rules/code of conduct
Current Triathlon NZ competition rules apply to all participants in these events. For full Tri NZ rules, click here.
Please take the time to read these rules.
- Drafting will be allowed on the bike leg. Participants are asked not to use aero bars if they find themselves in a drafting situation and should not attempt to draft if they are unfamiliar with the skills required.
- The course is not closed to traffic. It is the participants’ responsibility to keep left and ride single file unless passing.
- Entrants under 18 take part at their parent’s/guardian’s discretion.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to make themselves aware of the race rules; the racecourses; to attend the compulsory race briefing and to participate in a safe and responsible manner.